One of the key activities mandated to be carried out by STEDEC Pakistan is the commercialization of Products, Processes and Technologies developed by R&D Organizations/Institutes. These activities include:
- Ultimate goal of commercialization is mass production and import substitutions.
- Facilitation of technology commercialization activities through collaborations among R&D organizations/institutions Academia, Industry and Entrepreneurs. Including but not limited to identification of market-driven and need-based research initiatives.
- Marketing of indigenously researched products processes and technologies of R&D Organizations/institutions through public technology demonstrations, exhibitions and seminars.
- Business development and diversification of STEDEC Pakistan’s span of activities.
Among the mandates of STEDEC Pakistan is the transfer of technology to benefit the developer, the investor, society, environment, as well as the Company itself. This includes::
- Industry outreach to identify any technological gap to either improve or fulfill with local technology.
- Liaison with government, academia, and private entities to execute technology transfer.